Data Science Manager – Hyper Personalisation
✔️ Manage a team of 6 Data Scientists
✔️ Own a £100 million budget
✔️ Strong culture of promotion, training and development
✔️ Working with one of the biggest data sets in the country
💰 £80k plus 20% bonus
🏠 ONLY 1 day in office Central London required
Join one of most established, mature and advanced analytics functions in the UK market.
As one of the first major players to embrace and successfully roll out a loyalty card scheme, their heritage in data-driven decision making makes for an amazing learning environment.
Working amongst a vast data community, and a specialized analytics function dedicated to marketing, you will lead a team of 6 Data Scientists responsible for developing algorithms and analytics which are the foundations for highly personalised offer, discounts and promotions for a third of the UK’s population.
You will also need to be hands on yourself, demonstrating a strong technical competency with various customer and marketing related data scienced techniques such as forecasting, building next best message engines, personlisation etc. You will inspire, coach and lead your team as well as build meaningful stakeholder relationships as well as identifying opportunities for new commercial wins.
You’ll work hand in hand with Product Managers and Engineers to build out the omnichannel decisioning platform and capabilities, developing algorithms that inform offers for individual customers, as well as solving complex optimisation problems and supporting loyalty and CRM initiatives.
You will have ownership of a £100 million budget, so previous budget management experience is key.
- Educated to at least degree level in a numerate subject such as engineering, mathematics, statistics, chemistry, physics, machine learning, computer science etc.
- Extensive programming skills using tools such as Python, R, Spark, Hadoop, SQL and cloud based platforms such as GCP, Azure and AWS to model, manipulate and analyse various customer data sets in large volumes
- High level understanding of data architecture/governance
- Strong analytical skills and statistical understanding including modelling, probability, recommendation, optimisation problems and other quantitative modelling techniques
- Background in data science from ideally a retail, consulting or blue chip background
- Experience in the application of data science within marketing and a wider business context
- Confident and strong presentation skills; ability to bring data to life for senior leaders and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience in either mentoring or managing teams of people
- Thrives in a pacey, entrepreneurial and high performing environment
- Strong team collaboration skills, able to work in a dynamic and solutions focused environment
Job Reference: JO-2312-340188
Salary: Up to £80000.00 per annum + 20% bonus
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Analytics Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: AI, CRM, Customer, Data, Data Science, Data Scientist, insight, Machine Learning, manager, marketing, ML, modelling, Personalisation, recommendation engines, Retail, senior