Freelance Apparel Designer| Remote working | 6 months + extensions |
An opportunity has become available for a freelance Apparel Designer to work with one of the worlds leading retail brand.
About the role:
- Color design concepts for various ranges to be put on women’s and men’s apparel. Getting an outside perspective on commercial sportswear.
- Independent creation of color/ graphic concepts, to be put on women’s and men’s apparel as placed print or all over print. All designs have to be supplied in Illustrator.
- Creation of a color logic per style to allow for the creation of several color rotations per style.
- 2 -3 Color proposals per federation based on the strategy document and color palettes. The proposals are to be shared with the x-functional product team consisting of design, marketing, development.
- Independent creation of tech packs (100 – 200) to communicate the chosen designs to development and T1 suppliers. Tech packs include: Sketch of the style, color details, material details, 1to1 scale artwork, graded artwork on apparel patterns, color iterations per brief, repeats for all over prints (AOP´s), exact placement for placed prints. The graphic design will be chosen by the x-functional team.
- Adjusting tech packs according to development and T1 input, i.e., answering questions from factory, side check the apparel/ artwork can be produced, re-working the apparel / artwork to reflect costing issues, re-coloring the artwork in case of color achievability issues. The adjusted tech packs will be double checked by the SMSU development team.
- Execute and implement the required design changes per project, from SMSU Design director or Development comments.
- Tech packs with Illustrator handed over to development in a Microsoft Teams handover session according to handover deadlines. Adjusted tech packs are technically correct, feasible within the costing frame.
- 2+ years professional experience
- Full understanding of the design process in Apparel.
- Up-to-date knowledge of sportswear consumer trends
- A portfolio of up to date work
To be considered for this unique opportunity, please click “Apply” or contact me directly ☝
Job Reference: JO-2210-327192
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 6 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Design Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract