SERVICE DESIGNER – GOVERNMENT
We’re seeking Service Designers to lead the experience workstream of projects in the Govt. sector. You will be a champion of design to embrace this unique role, driving the success of our client’s products. With all the professional and personal opportunities, you’d expect from a positive, global company.
- Plan and execute co-creation workshops with stakeholders to propose the most viable solution for a given problem.
- Apply knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process to product
- Take account of any pre-construction information provided by the client (and principal designer, if one is involved)
- Design the User Journey Mapso we can identify pain points and issues that need to be addressed in a given service.
- Design the Service Blueprint and prepare it to be presented and delivered to the client.
- Take steps to reduce or control any risks that cannot be eliminated.
- Support the learning and development of less experienced and trainee Service designer within the team
- Thrive working in an agile environment, using your own creativity, resourcefulness and initiative to maximise the quality of service design and its impact on the service development
- Be visible within the team and be able to engage, build trust and energise a team culture that is responsive to the service design
- 7 to 9 years professional agency, consultancy and/o client-side experience in delivering, influencing, shaping direction of creating best in class digital and non-digital Products and Services
- A real breadth in your strategic design and technical expertise – from research techniques to workshop facilitation to service design thinking with the ability to understand technical constraints and processes
- A strong portfolio that includes a collection of real-life product examples and case studies that show your capability in design thinking with end-to-end services design practices
- The ability to be highly independent, confident, and flexible to adapt to a fluid landscape.
- The capacity to learn and adapt to new ways of working and thinking, communicating effectively through storytelling
- The aptitude to effectively manage and leverage project teams, illustrating the value that design can bring to the enterprise commercially and technically
- Experience in converting insights and requirements derived from user research, business stakeholders and data analysis into practical execution. Aligning front to back of house experience design
- A strategic approach to problem-solving and ability to think far beyond the user interface
- Strong knowledge and proven practical execution of Customer Centric Design Principles
- Experience in planning and conducting user research, usability testing, interpret feedback and incorporate into future iterations
- Experience in designing, service design blueprints, customer journey and empathy mapping
- Experience in facilitation of Design Workshops with a variety of stake holders at all levels of an organisation
- Proven experience practice knowledge working in Agile Projects from user stories and backlog management to acceptance criteria
- Proficiency with design tools such as: Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, inVision Studio, Zeplin, Axure RP.
- Solid understanding of usability and accessibility standards including Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) & ISO 9241
- Work closely with other designers, commercial and technical teams to execute a balanced approach to delivery. Where required can manage a team(s) and mentor as appropriate.
- Knowledge of GDS standards
If the role sounds of interest and you have experience working in the government/public sector , please apply with your CV and we will be in touch!
Job Reference: JO-2311-339431
Salary: £60000.00 - £90000.00 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Design Jobs
Job Locations: Greater-manchester
Job Types: Permanent