Contract Global Head of User Experience and Visual Design | Remote working | 1 year contract | Inside IR35
The Global Head of User Experience and Visual Design (GHUXVD) is responsible for the definition and delivery of high-quality user experience (UX) and visual design (VD) solutions that meet the business needs of the organisation’s online activity, in line with the vision of the Digital Director.
They will provide strategic leadership for the UX&VD function; working closely with the Digital Director to define our user-centred design strategy, building capability across the organisation and improving the quality and consistency of our customers’ digital experience.
- Appropriate degree level qualifications relevant to the User Experience Design field, or significant experience in the field of User Experience Design
- High-level expertise within the User Experience Design field
- Significant knowledge and experience of delivering high quality UX/UI design, interaction design and information architecture.
- High-level expertise in UX design within large-scale organisations.
- Ability and significant experience in management and evaluation of user testing and research.
- Ability to influence and work collaboratively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Experience of leading and managing a complex portfolio of projects
- Experience in supporting and working in effective cross-functional project teams
- Experience of team leadership, mentoring and resource management in the User Experience and Visual Design field
About the role:
- To drive innovation in UX design across a complex range of digital platforms, products and services, spanning both our commercial English and Exams portfolio (e.g. IELTS) and grant funded work in Cultural Engagement.
- To work with stakeholders to the highest level, providing insight into the principles and benefits of an enterprise-level focus on organisation’s audiences and user centred design methodology
- To lead efforts to develop, document and systematise our design / interaction patterns into a global library
- To contribute to the development and delivery of a new domain strategy; leading the creation and UX and visual design solutions as part of its implementation
- To ensure inclusive design is embedded in all our design solutions; creating and implementing an inclusive design strategy that enables the organisation to make its digital estate accessible to all
- To improve the quality of our employee digital experience by improving the quality of design within internal platforms used by teams around the world
- To effectively embed research and insight into the design process across all workstreams to ensure our design solutions are genuinely user-centred
- To provide thought leadership and innovation opportunities for the organisation, participating in public forums where required to keep abreast of Digital best practice, design trends and technological developments
Other Important Info:
- Some travel within the UK and occasional overnight stays, and some international travel can be expected dependent on the needs of the programme.
- If outside of London; regular attendance in Stratford (the organisation’s base)
- Weekly team meetings (virtual or in-person) to share updates, show and tell recent work and share feedback with the team on work in progress
- Attendance and contributions at meetings of all Digital staff
- The theory of agile development
- Understanding of designing for web apps
- In-depth knowledge of Agile design and development processes
Job Reference: JO-2210-327874
Salary per: annum
Job Duration: 1 year
Job Start Date: 14/11/2022
Job Industries: UI & UX Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract