Technical Manager – DACH.
About the Position:
Established in 2013 by a team of mathematicians and experts in cyber defense, we are a prominent global player in AI-driven cybersecurity. We offer comprehensive AI-based solutions as part of our mission to safeguard the digital world from cyber disruptions. With over 8,400 clients worldwide, we protect against various intricate threats, including ransomware, cloud breaches, and attacks on software-as-a-service (SaaS) platforms.
Our foundation rests on a strong culture of innovation. Our AI Research Center, situated in Cambridge, UK, has set new benchmarks in cybersecurity through groundbreaking research, resulting in over 130 patents and pending applications for technological innovations. Our European Research and Development center is located in The Hague, Netherlands.
Headquartered in Cambridge, UK, our global team comprises more than 2,400 professionals. Our clientele includes government agencies, educational institutions, media organisations, critical infrastructure providers, and businesses of all sizes across the globe.
This presents an outstanding opportunity to become part of a rapidly growing organisation that was recognized by TIME magazine as one of the “Most Influential Companies” in 2021 and listed among Fast Company’s “Most Innovative AI Companies” in 2022.
As a Technical Manager for the DACH region, stationed in our Munich office, your role involves leading and overseeing a team of technical specialists responsible for promoting, selling, and delivering technical value to clients before and after sales. You will collaborate closely with leaders in Sales, Channel, and Customer Success to drive revenue growth and ensure that customer needs are met. This dynamic and customer-focused technical role demands strong leadership skills, deep knowledge of the cybersecurity industry, and a commitment to delivering technical excellence.
Lead and manage our expanding Cyber Technology team in the DACH region, providing clear guidance, coaching, and performance management to maximise their potential, both individually and collectively.
Collaborate with Go-To-Market leadership to formulate strategies, set targets, and develop actionable plans to achieve revenue and growth goals.
Participate in discussions with potential clients and existing customers when necessary to boost revenue, address challenges, and cultivate relationships.
Stay updated on the latest trends and developments in the cybersecurity sector, ensuring that you and your team possess extensive knowledge of our Cyber security offerings to effectively address customer requirements.
Foster a strong team culture that aligns with our values and act as a technical liaison between clients, partners, and internal teams within the company.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience managing a regional pre-sales technical sales engineering team in a software organization (Essential)
- Strong expertise in both on-premise and cloud networking (Essential)
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of cybersecurity concepts, technologies, and industry trends, including familiarity with various security solutions, email and network infrastructure, and the threat landscape (Essential)
- Confident and polished communication skills, with a proven ability to establish enduring, vital business relationships (Essential)
- Proven capability to lead, motivate, and develop high-performing pre-sales and technical teams, with effective coaching and mentoring skills to drive individual and team success (Essential)
- Proficiency in business language in both German and English (Essential)
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a STEM field with a GPA of 3.5 or higher (Desired)
- Over 3 years of experience in a sales engineer or technical account manager role in Enterprise software or Cyber Security (Desired)
- Ambitious: You set high goals for yourself and your clients, taking a proactive and honest approach.
- Collaborative: You are a team player who collaborates effectively with various cross-functional team members and stakeholders within the organization, willing to seek assistance or dive into tasks to get the job done.
- Curious: You think deeply and logically, seeking creative solutions and always looking for innovative approaches to problems.
- Tenacious: You are bold and focused, willing to experiment with new ideas and make course corrections as needed.
- Hybrid role based in the Munich office
- Competitive salary + OTE.
- 28 Days of Vacation
- Additional Birthday Day Off
- Occupational Pension
- AD&D Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Total Partial Disability Coverage
- Lifeworks Employee Support
- Charity Giving
Job Reference: JO-2310-338821
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: 05/02/2024
Job Industries: Pre-Sales & Post-Sales Jobs
Job Locations: Europe
Job Types: Permanent