Project Manager – 6 Months – Manchester 2 Days/Week – Travel Project – Competitive Rate
A key Public Sector client of mine is looking for a Travel Project Manager to join the organisation for 6 months initially.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Providing overall direction and leading on delivery of client’s actions under the Global Travel programme and the wider programme strategy , dedicated to move towards a single travel provider in each region where feasible.
- Raising the capacity of knowledge amongst internal stakeholders in working more effectively in partnership with Finance, Executive sponsors and regional colleagues
- Ensuring and engaging proactively in the development and implementation of programme processes and approaches undertaken in the delivery of a travel solution globally collaborate with Category Manager – Travel and Senior Programme Team on all approaches developed and undertaken across the Programme .
- With Category Manager- Travel and Senior Programme Team, keeping up to date with priorities and targets whether externally or internally driven, and supporting programme team to understand and engage with best practice to effectively manage and deliver technical activity.
- Contributing to the development of the overall programme strategy and approach, including ongoing, innovative though-leadership to improve outcomes and outputs delegating as appropriate as agreed with SRO and Category Manager Travel.
- Initiating and co-ordinating additional input with selected supplier, Category Manager Travel, Finance and other Internal Stakeholders . Leading internal thought-leadership exercises (i..e. quarterly project review boards). Pro-actively ensuring proposed inputs are agreed with the Category Manager Travel and enacted.
- Supervising the project’s Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) strategy via a dedicated project team member and working closely with the Team Leader and other AECID-FIIAPP staff and consultants in charge of communication and knowledge management.
Overall Leadership Accountabilities
- Providing clear and effective leadership internal colleagues involved in the travel programme
- Support Category Manager Travel to contribute to the development of the overall programme strategy and approach, including ongoing, innovative though-leadership to improve outcomes
- Leading on the design, updating and implementation of annual workplans for Project Management Plan, stakeholder engagement plan, etc. and writing up related activity as require.
- Oversight of specific programme resources (financial, human, other assets) and management of all programme resources in line with corporate expectations, including duty of care, and VFM (Value for Money) principles, and in liaison with the Category Manager -Travel.
- Leading on the recruitment, supporting the line management and performance management of any staff that may be involved in the travel project
- Working with the Category Manager Travel to ensure high levels of professionalism are demonstrated in the delivery team and internal stakeholder’s needs and perspectives are reflected in the behaviours and focus of the teams.
- Management of aspects of programme risks (security, reputational, fiscal), respecting corporate standards and policies and in line with best practice, and proposing solutions to the Category Manager Travel.
- In close liaison with Team Leader, oversight of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) as indicated above, and in line with EU standards.
- Contribution to the AECID-led project’s communication and visibility strategy and action plan (aligned with EU standards) and knowledge management strategy.
Job Reference: JO-2210-327626
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 6 Months
Job Start Date: 24/10/2022
Job Industries: Programme & Project Management Jobs
Job Locations: Greater-manchester
Job Types: Contract