My client believes in creating a fairer London, putting residents first. They will put residents at the heart of their decisions, and campaign for a government that is on their side. They work together to adapt to the changing needs of their communities – resulting in a dynamic atmosphere where ambition, diversity and creativity are celebrated.
They have a culture of openness, transparency, and integrity – where everyone has the opportunity to thrive and develop to be the very best. They have a commitment to their staff and is underpinned by three pillars:
- Personal development: Everyone has talent. We want everyone to thrive at and so we take the time to nurture talent – coaching and mentoring our people to be the very best.
- Value our people and diversity: Everyone is valued. We embrace our differences, to bring new perspectives to the future challenges of our city.
- The Way of working: Everyone is a leader. We encourage everyone to develop themselves to have a growth mindset and an outward looking approach to provide the best service to our residents, businesses and visitors. We champion modern and agile working and an open and transparent outlook to the way we work
In order to do the very best for our communities, we believe that our workforce should be representative of the people we work on behalf of, our residents. That’s why we celebrate and embrace our differences We are passionate about creating a workplace where all can thrive, and where every single person has the opportunity to develop, grow and to be valued for their contribution
Responsibilities of this role
This role requires a proactive and relentless focus on delivery, with user need at the heart of the approach taken to improve outcomes for the staff.
- The primary responsibility is 1st-line support for the Audio-Visual equipment.
- Shift working and out-of-hours support (Mon-Fri) is a core part of the role.
- As part of the Infrastructure Team, you will be expected to provide support in other areas too, including:
- End-user devices (laptops and mobile devices)
- Onsite support as needed across our locations
- Investigate and diagnose service problems, working with users and suppliers to resolve such problems
- Log, track and respond to assigned requests for support and services adhering to the defined targets/timeframes ensuring regular customer updates
- Stay on top of security and essential updates to ensure smooth operation of all AV equipment and services.
- The postholder will be asked to work in a range of ways, including Agile/Waterfall methodologies to deliver agreed outcomes.
- Maintain a culture of proactive and continual service improvement, constantly enhancing the user experience.
- Review upgrades and fixes available, carry out a full impact analysis, identify those which merit action and recommend and implement upgrade plans.
- Prepare software implementation procedures with fall back contingency plans and ensure that new versions of system software are properly installed and thoroughly tested.
- Undertake in the production and maintenance of documentation and procedures to ensure they are current and technically correct.
- Work on a rota basis to deliver service including covering out- of-hours.
- Make sure all your work activities promote diversity, inclusion and equity of outcome ·
- Actively develop yourself, both in terms of your technical skills and in your people and team skills
- Make yourself available as a source of infrastructure advice for anyone who needs it
- Coach and mentor junior team members and assist in the provision of first-class services and consistent levels of capability as required.
- Reduce the cost of our infrastructure wherever possible, delivering direct and indirect savings by making services better and cheaper to run
- Budget Responsibilities: – none Procurement: as required to support the function
- Ability to administer and support infrastructure technologies, solutions and services
- Ability to deal with high pressure situations involving leadership members and councillors
- Ability to apply the most appropriate modern standards and practices · Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and appropriately (orally and in writing) to suit the intended audience
- Ability to draft and maintain procedures and documentation.
- Takes accountability of issues that occur and is proactive in searching for potential problems.
- Achieves excellent user outcome
- Ability to analyse current processes, identify and implement opportunities to optimise processes.
- Ability to coach and mentor ·
- Interpersonal, networking and negotiation skills, including the ability to successfully communicate complex issues coherently and persuasively.
To be considered for this role, please apply with your full CV!
Job Reference: JO-2310-338635
Salary: £30000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: 20/12/2023
Job Industries: Software Engineering, Telecoms, Testing & Quality Assurance Jobs
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: 1st line support, Audio, AV, Support, visual