Business Intelligence Analyst – Outside IR35 – 6 Month Contract – £200-£250/day – Fully Remote – NHS – SOW
I am currently supporting a key client looking to hire a contract Business Intelligence Analyst on a contract SOW basis.
Business Intelligence Analyst Skills Required:
- To lead Business Intelligence Reporting for the Trust coordinating the contributions of Business Intelligence Analysts.
- To deliver the business intelligence reporting schedule and ad-hoc reports, ensuring that the Trust complies with all contractual and regulatory information sharing requirements in the most efficient way possible.
- To support the automation of data submissions through the Microsoft Power BI software solution delivered by Business Intelligence Analysts / Support Analysts, providing clarity of parameters, indicator specification and any necessary analysis of outputs.
- To promote the use of Power BI as the default platform of choice for the deployment of new reports.
- To produce and manage the production of business intelligence dashboards and the reports. This includes delivering a schedule of planned reports and responding swiftly and efficiently to internal and external information requests, using either the Microsoft Power BI software solution or Microsoft web-based SQL Reporting Services, prioritising demand for Business Intelligence Analysts / Support Analysts.
- Use initiative to undertake follow-up queries to highly complex information requests where the solution is not immediately obvious.
- To proactively explore the development of new dashboards and reports using SQL and PowerBI and make proposals for implementing these.
- To proactively review activity within the Trust, drawing appropriate attention to areas that may have a current or future impact on the performance of the Trust.
- To provide statistical analysis and profiles of trends within patient and Trust performance information, highlighting variances from the norm, and share this knowledge with managers and others, to support decision making and performance improvement.
- To represent the Business Intelligence Team at meetings advising Corporate functions on technical reporting matters.
- To further develop the Trust reporting tools to take on new data flows, enhance current flows, and assist in data migration projects.
- To develop the Business Intelligence function, producing new reports, enhancing the skills of internal clients so they can extract their own reports, and participating in change management processes.
- Provide support for Trust staff on their use of dashboards and report on existing information applications.
- To improve the knowledge Trust staff has of analysis techniques to support planning and performance improvement.
- To proactively share knowledge of reporting, database and querying techniques, data standards and changes with other team members.
- Have knowledge of NHS Data Dictionary standards, and to apply them to Trust data. Work within the wider Business Intelligence Team in liaison with clinical, administrative and managerial staff to effect improvements in data quality where necessary. Seek to extend the knowledge base by expanding the information available from these applications.
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of policy or service changes relating to information and data usage.
- Adhere to Trust Information Governance Policy; particularly with regard to data security and patient confidentiality. Make sure that managed staff comply with Information Governance Policy.
- Carry out any other duties, as requested by the Head of Business Intelligence.
If this role is of interest, please apply for more information.
Job Reference: JO-2310-338511
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 6 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Data
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract