Data Management (Analyst,Product,Big Query) – Media – Hybrid/London
Day rate: £450 – £650 (inside IR35)
Duration: 6 months
Hybrid – 2 days in office per week
We are looking for a detail-oriented Data management specialist As a member of the Decision Sciences team, you will champion a Data-as-a-Product mindset. Bringing in-depth data understanding to the team, you will be instrumental in owning, managing and supporting the data across the underlying systems and technology stack that allows the marketing and advertising team to engage customers across the workflow for all marketing activities.
The successful candidate will need to be agile delivery focused and have a broad data background across requirements, data engineering and data governance. Comfortable working with demanding stakeholders in a complex, fast paced environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the delivery team; provide data expertise into the definition of data requirements through user stories to inform the scope and design of data solution, planning and being available for technical inquiries and support.
- Collaborate closely with the data architecture, product and engineering teams to specify and design data views and other data products while ensuring alignment to the overall data product strategy.
- Closely engage with the technology teams to understand the source data and ensure that that solutions delivered meet the demands of the data teams and the wider business.
- Act as the “data domain” expert across Decision Science and the wider D2C stakeholder community.
- Comfortable with utilising SQL and other tools to explore and deeply understand the data.
- Adopt and advocate for a data-as-a-product mindset while evangelizing the utilization of data and advanced analytics to inform critical business decisions
- Understand the product vision, both from a business and data perspective
- Work closely with a cross-functional delivery team, data architects and data analysts collaboratively defining roadmaps, requirements and solutions.
- Facilitate estimation sessions, to help prioritization of features and inform the product backlog.
- Provide clarification and refinement of user stories and remove ambiguity from stakeholder requests.
- Strong knowledge of data engineering practices such as ETL pipelines, API’s and data warehousing.
- Work with the Data Governance team to make sure the integrity and utilization of data adheres to data governance standards and processes, ensuring fitness of data elements
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science or engineering, or focus on data/statistical analysis or equivalent experience highly desired
- Detail and results oriented, able to write detailed specs and analyze data to justify product decisions, and apply key learnings
- 3+ years of experience in a data related role (SQL, familiarity with data pipelines, data quality, audience management, ETL, event analytics)
- Experience with Data Lake/CDP strategies and partnering with IT on data architecture and identity resolution solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate and coordinate between teams.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills – ability to manage expectations.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to logically analyze complex requirements, data sets, processes and systems
- Excellent organizational skills that will allow you to deal with uncertainty by creating structure and prioritizing effectively.
- Experience of working in an agile environment.
- Passionate about data and evangelical about it’s role in driving better business decisions.
- Creative problem-solver; takes a high level of initiative, has a strong sense of personal accountability to follow-through at all times.
- Demonstrates organizational savvy by successfully navigating complex, highly matrixed and decentralized organization.
- Takes an informed and inspired view to deliver superior results by creating value and opportunity.
- Not afraid to challenge and comfortable expressing their opinions while also being receptive to the views of others.
Job Reference: JO-2309-337914
Salary: £450 - £650 per day
Salary per: zero
Job Duration: 6 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Data
Job Locations: London
Job Types: Contract
Job Location Type: Hybrid