Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
See available jobs in Data
That job has expired. Here are some similar roles:
MarTech Data Strategist – Pharmaceutical – London
Day rate: £700 – £900 (inside IR35)
Duration: 3 – 6 months
Data Strategists sit within the International Data, Tech & Tools (DTT) team and reports to the DTT
Lead – International Markets. Each Data Strategist Lead plays a key role in advancing the data-driven decision-making capability in all markets outside the US, and the main tasks in the role include the following:
* Collaborate effectively with both client and internal teams in markets, regions and globally
to identify current marketing capabilities within a local market. This includes:
o Assessing local data, technology and tools that are available.
o Understanding the limitations of these tools from a functional point of view and/or
from a local utilisation standpoint
* Understand and articulate where key data strategy gaps exist for a given local market:
o For example are there key types of data we a local market should have? If so
articulating what is needed, why and the expected value that this will bring
* Work with the marketing technology team and International Pods Lead to Develop an expert
understanding of the current and potential future state of the client’s data, tech & tools landscape, to understand both opportunity areas and obstacles that need to be overcome.
o For example: what other key marketing-related capabilities are missing (eg customer experience optisation) DTT data strategists adopt a cross-functional approach to data strategy that considers the omnichannel customer journey, experience mapping & optimisation, the role of paid, earned and owned media insights in developing customer understanding & segmentation, strategies for capture and enrichment of customer data, taxonomy strategy and developing marketing effectiveness frameworks that link marketing activity to commercial outcomes.
The ideal candidate will blend a proven track record in data strategy with a flair for client-facing interactions with data experts and non-experts alike. You’ll be equally happy to work at an overarching strategy level or deep dive into the data to extract valuable patterns, trends and insights. You’ll be comfortable working with ambiguity and making sense of complex data environments to craft inspirational stories and use cases that are simple for clients and colleagues to understand.
Skills & Experience – Essential:
* 10+ years’ experience working as a Data Strategist within marketing organisations
* Minimum 3 years’ experience of working within a pharmaceutical marketing discipline and
familiarity with the regulatory environment therein.
* Expert, hands-on knowledge of marketing data landscape, specifically 1P and 3P data types
* 5+ years’ experience as a practitioner in delivering CRM and/or audience targeting campaigns (for eg. onsite personalisation, paid media targeting)
* Proven experience of being able to undertake and deliver data audits including the delivery of specific recommendations on how the collection, management and /or the utilisation of data can be improved to drive better business outcomes
* Demonstratable experience of planning and delivering data-driven strategies (for eg roadmap) and understanding how they will affect our client’s business
* Working knowledge of key data privacy regulations, eg GDPR and the impacts these have for data collection, management and utilisation
* Demonstrable experience of turning analysis and observations into actionable insights, which have delivered value to the business.
* Ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience, to simplify complexity and to explain insights in a broader strategic context.
* Working knowledge of the evolving martech landscape for analytics, CRM, Personalisation and Paid Media, including understanding of the relative pros and cons of solutions types (for
example CDPs and/or audience targeting tools and/or 2nd party partnerships)
* Skilled in cross-team collaboration with multiple internal and client-facing departments
* Proven ability of running successful workshops as the lead facilitator- in-person and/or onsite
* First-class communication skills including story-telling and visual communications
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
* Fluency in English (written and spoken) and ability to collaborate remotely using tools like Microsoft Teams
* The ability to learn and use new online collaboration tools quickly if not used previously (eg Mural)
Must have Skills & Experience:
* Hands-on experience of working with customer journey-relevant martech solutions for example web analytics (in particular Adobe Analytics), CRM (including CRM platforms such as Marketo and related bespoke solutions), CDPs and DAMs.
* Experience of using either Tableau or Microsoft Power BI to visualise data insights in a clear and actionable way.
* Experience of using JIRA & Confluence (or similar tools) for project management and collaboration
Upload your CV to our database.