Media Relations Manager
I am excited to be partnered with one of largest banks in the world as they search for two Marketing Technology Managers to join their B2B business. This British Multi International Bank is a fortune 500 with a presence in over 80 countries across the globe and offers a wide range of services from commercial banking, global banking, global private banking, retail banking and wealth management . This is a well-known and successful company that has successfully been able to carve a niche for itself in banking as well as financial services.
They are seeking a Senior Media relations Manager to work closely with the Head of Media Relations to deliver their media relations strategy for the commercial banking division. Your role will focus on attracting new customers, employees and promoting a diverse work environment. You will handle all reputation issues and external communications and everything you do will work towards driving business growth. You will actively participate in the creation and delivery of global media efforts and topic campaigns, liaising with the wider business and marketing teams. You will lead on building relationships and growing their commercial brand with top tier media outlets.
- Supporting the Head of Media relations to develop and deploy Media campaigns that drive engagement across all customer groups to increase consideration and brand awareness
- Ensure that the Trade press is also made aware of all corporate & consumer news updates
- Manage any issues/crisis comms in relation to the business ensuring strong reputation management
- Monitor all press activity and reporting
- Develop and deliver the Social Media plan, managing internal contributors so best practice communications is maintained across Twitter etc.
- Support with strong content/written work for case studies, social media, news letters etc…
- 8 years’+ experience preferred in media relations, financial or professional services
- Previous experience working with journalists is crucial.
- Strong media contacts in business and financial press in the UK and, ideally, internationally
- Experience developing and delivering successful B2B media and communication strategies
- Strong writing capabilities
- Experience managing reputational and crisis situations
- Skill in writing concepts and briefs, editing and writing press releases
- Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organisation
- Experience in managing staff, agencies and other external suppliers
- You are self-motivated, you take initiative, and you have creative problem-solving skills
- You have an ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds, and to understand and manage complex reporting relationships
- You are a service-oriented, flexible, positive team player
- You exercise judgement in managing confidential/sensitive information; trustworthy
- You perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment
Job Reference: JO-2201-251028
Salary: £55000 - £65000 per annum + bonus
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Marketing & Communications
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent