Desktop Support Analyst | 6 Month Contract | Slough | IR35 Determination TBC | £170-£180/day | Public Sector
A key Public Sector client is looking to hire a Service Desk Analyst on a contract basis. please note – this is not a remote position. Successful candidates will be based in/around Slough.
Service Desk Analyst Responsibilities:
- Record all support requests received by telephone or email in the Call Logging System
- Follow call handling processes to provide an efficient service for the user including the appropriate use of wrap time, talk time, breaks, hot buttons and logging in.
- Record, monitor, update and respond to support requests in a timely manner, owning each call to completion, or, by reassigning it to other areas of the department, as per process.
- Use remote support tools to assist users and resolve issues, agreeing to customer visits as a last possible outcome/action.
- Undertake the set up and delivery of IT and mobile equipment to users as required.
- Proactively monitor requests and systems and act accordingly to fix issues before they become major incidents.
- Engage fully and be an active participant in all Critical Incident and Problem Management activities.
- Complete all registers as requested eg equipment registers, signing in and out, timesheets etc. Perform routine maintenance tasks regularly to maintain asset registers and any Call databases within the Call Logging System.
- Escalate any unusual events or issues to Team Lead
- Be prepared to advice, train and cross skill colleagues as an ongoing process to maintain and strengthen team performance.
- Act as a project resource, reporting back to project managers, as required.
- Perform all required as part of the role such that the team will be successful and all arvato / customer KPI targets will be achieved.
- Employ customer focused communication techniques, both written and verbal, in the handling of all requests and face to face communications.
- In every activity, support the business by maintaining a commercial focus in all end user or Client communication
Job Reference: JO-2211-328059
Salary per: annum
Job Duration: 6 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Cloud Infrastructure & EUC
Job Locations: Berkshire
Job Types: Contract