My client is looking for an experience desktop support engineer to work across 2 London based sites
The successful candidate will be the sole London Desktop Engineer so must be able to work well on their own ,think on their 2 feet and be orgaised in scheduleing and prioriting their workloads
- Receive and process user-related issues.
- Resolve computer problems and errors (Windows/Mac/iPadOS/iOS).
- Sets up and configures new computers and devices.
- Performs routine inspection of equipment and inventory/asset stock management.
- Updates and troubleshoots computer software and operating systems.
- Remotely or physically assists in computer-related concerns.
- Basic networking knowledge (TCP/IP, connectivity types).
- Packing, shipping, and receiving IT equipment.
- Able to lift 50 kg of weight.
- Assist the Level 1 and Level 3 teams as and when required.
- Perform employee onboarding and offboarding procedures.
- Other tasks as required
What the day-to-day operations would look like:
- Regular L2 Deskside Support based at the London Office with ad-hoc remote/onsite retail support.
- Own time management is important to prioritize tasks (every day is different).
- The role is user-facing and requires strong communication and customer service skills while being the only IT person on site.
- Communication with the remote IT team is via Chat/Emails/Meetings.
Job Reference: DB-2309-337577
Salary: £150 - £155 per day + inside IR35
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 6 month rolling
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Cloud Infrastructure & EUC
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract
Job Skills: Desktop Support., laptop build, Mac, Windows