Endpoint Configuration Manager – £220/day – 3 Month Contract – NHS – Inside IR35 – Hybrid – 3 Days/ week in West London
I am currently supporting a key NHS Client looking for an Endpoint Configuration Manager on a contract basis.
Full driving license required
- Infrastructure Engineer experience
- Technical experience
- Endpoint Management experience
- SCCM Console / Management and Developer
- WSUS experience
- PowerShell experience
- Microsoft Intune experience
- Autopilot / Co-Management
- Software Packaging within SCCM
- Windows Patching
- Feature updates
- Windows updates – relates to patches, security updates – Patch Tuesdays:
Endpoint Configuration Manager Experience:
- The configuration, operating, maintaining, and repairing corporate endpoint hardware, including Desktops, Laptops, Tablets and Mobile Phones and software, operating system and patches on those devices using the Trusts remote configuration management tools in the absence of the other Principal Technician.
- Managing the Trusts endpoint configuration management tools, including upgrading and patching of devices.
- Maintaining a high level of technical expertise and awareness to diagnose endpoint technical issues and ensure others on the team do also.
- Adhering to policies and processes to protect the technical support service.
- The ability to build SCCM server from start to finish.
- Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships between these parts. Selecting the appropriate method/tool to resolve the problem and reflecting critically on the result, so that what is learnt is identified and assimilated.
- Techniques for identifying, gathering and validating customers’ needs in the delivery of IT services.
- Testing techniques used to plan and execute software tests of all application components (functional and non-functional) to verify that the software satisfies specified requirements and to detect errors.
Endpoint Configuration Manager Responsibilities:
- To document all IT systems in area of responsibility, past and present. To support and contribute to technical projects.
- Strong technical knowledge to the level of 3rdline desktop support.
- To manage digital assets, assisting the technical team with complex issues
- To acquire a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down
- To identify gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devising a means of resolving them.
- Applying specific quality standards to all tasks undertaken to ensure that deliverables are accurate and complete.
- To meet targets, acting and/or fulfilling agreements even when adverse circumstances prevail.
- Asset Management knowledge in managing the Trust assets in the database system.
- To support and contribute to technical projects.
If this role is of interest, please apply for more information.
Job Reference: JO-2310-339059
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 3 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Cloud Infrastructure & EUC
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract