Upload your CV
Upload your CV to our database.
Head of Hybrid Cloud – 6 Month Contract – Higher Education – £600/day – Inside IR35 – Hybrid/London
I am currently supporting a key Higher Education client looking for a Head of Hybrid Cloud on an interim basis.
The Head of Hybrid Cloud is responsible for both the tactical and strategic development of our hybrid cloud infrastructure to improve security, deliver a reliable and diverse service, provide appropriate and scalable compute and storage services and ensure the University’s IT estate is backed up and recoverable. You will manage the teams providing the 2nd and 3rd line hybrid cloud support teams and manage the transition of new elements into service.
Head of Hybrid Cloud Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for the creation, design, management, monitoring, and support of the hybrid cloud infrastructure and services, supporting architecture and roadmaps to ensure the selection, deployment and lifecycle management of appropriate services for the College.
2. Provision of technical guidance to the College leadership (i.e. CIO, CFO, other Executive members) and relevant committees (i.e. Audit and Compliance Committee), to ensure that business benefits are derived from the large investments in hybrid cloud. This will extend to briefing and supporting Department and Professional Service leaders around the use of our technical services to drive benefits and improve research capabilities, therefore develop better returns on investment.
3. Actively manage relationships with vendors ensuring awareness of roadmaps, with a particular focus on the changing cyber security landscape and the requirements on the infrastructure to support our protection against known and emerging threats.
4. Actively manage relationships with vendors acting as the liaison between the business, IT Senior Management team and key vendors, and maintain key relationships to the advantage of the College.
5. Actively manage and determine the direction for the Microsoft estate, including Active Directory, AAD, Azure and our suite of Microsoft products.
6. Oversee the development and implementation of the new IAM system, and subsequently actively manage and determine its direction.
7. Develop and implement IT policies and architectural and design standards with respect to network, compute, storage and cloud services.
8. Responsible for managing hybrid cloud infrastructure work and resource demands in an orderly manner, supplying resources for new projects and work requests and ensuring that solutions proposed are aligned with the applications strategy.
9. Lead, managed and develop the Hybrid Cloud team to maximise productivity, ensure the skills pool is current and relevant to the requirements of the organisation, enhance job satisfaction, promote career development and implement effective succession planning.
10. Provide full-service delivery responsibility; undertake structure planning to ensure sufficient system capacity is made available, that renewal plans to replace obsolete or at risk technologies are timely and that SLAs are being met and/or exceeded.
11. Lead a portfolio of IT enabled change as a member of the leadership team in IT.
12. Keep in close touch with and contribute to current developments in Higher Education focussed on the transformation of infrastructure to support teaching, learning and research (maintaining knowledge to the highest level), own industry and in appropriate professional and trade bodies.
13. To be responsible for the design and delivery of infrastructure solutions to support College projects as part of the project process.
14. Resolve complex technical issues and provide senior technical leadership in response to queries from across the business as well as from within IT.
15. To work with the Head of IT Contracts and Commercial Management and the Procurement team to ensure the best external partners are chosen to work with Royal Holloway and holding regular account management meetings to get the most from the relationship.
16. To manage appropriate support contracts and to monitor the performance of third-party maintenance contractors.
17. Actively manage the roadmap of upgrades to our hybrid cloud infrastructure to ensure the services remain supported and up-to-date
18. Responsible for the strategic designing, planning and execution of the re-location of the University’s primary data centre.
If this role is of interest, please apply for more information.
Upload your CV to our database.