IT Engineer – Security – London
Day rate: £200 – £400
Duration: 3 – 6 months
No remote working
My client is looking for an IT Engineer that will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, software, and audio/video equipment. They will support infrastructure build outs including conference rooms, digital signage, physical access controls, and other IT projects as needed.
Process development and improvement will be a big part of this role. Responds to queries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problems, and determines and implements solutions.
- Configure enterprise level service management software
- Respond to queries either in person, through email or over the phone.
- Write training manuals and policy/procedure documentation.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
- Run reports to determine malfunctions that continue to occur.
- Support the global build out of a state-of-the-art audio/visual conferencing system.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to A/V computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology related field
- 1-3 years of experience of Windows, and/or mac OS operating systems.
- Basic understanding of Computer Networking concepts
- Experience resolving complex computer issues
- Experience resolving software related issues
- Experience leading or supervising employees in a customer service role
- Ability to demonstrate good attitude, energy, and effort
Job Reference: JO-2310-338922
Salary: £200 - £400 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 3 - 6 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Cloud Infrastructure & EUC
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract