IT System Engineer in Monitoring (Splunk,Tivoli,Netcool) – Banking – Brussels
Day rate: €600 – €800
Duration: 6 months
Job Description :
As an IT System Engineer in Monitoring, you will join a team responsible for the management of the Monitoring Infrastructure. This team designs, sets up, installs and supports solutions which monitor, detect and prevent incidents on business-critical platforms, services and applications.
Roles and Responsibilities :
As an “IT System Engineer in Monitoring” you will work mainly in collaboration with our internal customers (business or technical), ensuring awareness, inspiring an observability mindset and providing common monitoring capabilities cross the business.
The “IT System Engineer in Monitoring” role responsibility includes:
- Taking ownership and accountability on the ability to monitor and observe IT systems across the business
- Defining, implementing and enforcing best practices, frameworks and processes (Monitoring domain)
- Coaching / creating awareness
- Building and operating the IT monitoring and observability platform
- IT Monitoring data science work
- Enabling Detection capabilities
- IT Monitoring data management and governance
You will contribute to deliverables such as:
- IT monitoring Data (health, events, metrics, etc,…)
- Best practices, guidelines and design)
- Feature Architecture, Tooling selection and engineering
- Service Catalogue maintenance and evolution
And you will work equally on our day-to-day activities and be involved with challenging and innovative initiatives.
With this “transversal position” (many different technologies and different customer profiles), you will have contacts with system engineers from several platforms (Unix, Windows, Mainframe, Production team …), with “business applications developers” and with “business Management”.
Required Qualifications :
- At least 10 years of hands-on experience as an IT Monitoring System Engineer
- You have proven strong experience on at least three of the following products:
- IBM Tivoli
- IBM Netcool Omnibus & Impact
- You have proven experience in the “integration” of critical systems (API & scripting)
- You have proven experience in programming/scripting languages such as:
- Ansible playbooks
- Python or Power Shell
- Shell scripting
Good to have:
We are looking for someone who has a good knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems (from the command line).
- You are self-motivated and innovative by showing an interest in new approaches, showing a readiness to try different ways of taking on challenges on a broad range of technologies and solutions.
- You have a continuous improvement mindset as well as be a good fit in an agile working culture.
- You are an excellent communicator and can collaborate with different stakeholder (business, technical, management) at all levels
- You are curious, open to discussions, willing to take part to very technical implementations on a broad range of technologies and solutions
- You are structured and able to manage multiple projects with a balanced prioritization
- You are a real team player with a can do attitude and value knowledge sharing
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- You can work autonomously and you are stress resistant
This key role does imply being involved with our team Watch Duty, hence work outside of business hours is sometimes required as launches in production are generally carried out after 5PM or on Saturday as well as watch duty at nights and weekends.
Job Reference: JO-2211-328975
Salary: €600 - €800 per day
Salary per: day
Job Duration: 12 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Cloud Infrastructure & EUC
Job Locations: Europe
Job Types: Contract