Senior Infrastructure Engineer / Windows / Azure / Hybrid Remote
Location: Moorgate, London
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer will manage and participate in the delivery and support of IT infrastructure and IT infrastructure security for new and existing systems and solutions.
You will support team members in the provision of 2nd and 3rd line technical IM&T support (Desktop, Software, Infrastructure and Telephony) maintaining and delivering a high degree of customer service for all Information Management and Technology (IM&T) support queries.
- Proactively respond to security vulnerabilities identified by monitoring tools, performing remediation tasks
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting for on-premise and cloud infrastructure systems, for the early identification of issues
- Ensure infrastructure is secure and adheres to Cyber Security standards
- Act as the escalation point for technical issues
- Responsible for the administration and operation of the cloud and onsite physical infrastructure environments
- Management and oversight of the network infrastructure, including network switches, routers, firewalls and virtualised environment.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders and supplier relationships
- Analyse and make recommendations to improve infrastructure, network, and reliability of systems, threats and vulnerabilities to improve security posture of IT systems
- Apply IT best practice to achieve effective management of change (Requests for Change) whilst mitigating risk of system failures / outages
- Responsible for system and data backups, restores and DR tests, taking ownership of data integrity enabling DR processes and business continuity
- Maintain governance over endpoint device management solutions (e.g. Intune) where they have an impact on security of the IT environment
- Work with the wider IM&T Team, business, internal and external business partners to ensure that security is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation, delivery and configuration process of solutions and systems
- Plan, manage and communicate infrastructure change with IT Operation Team Leads, Information Security manager and wider IM&T / business departments
- Mentor and coach colleagues and provide peer to peer advice, as required
- Computer science, Microsoft, CompTIA or related field qualifications / certifications or relevant demonstrable experience
- Proficient in Windows Server v2008/2012/2019+ management to include Active Directory (AD) and Group Policy (GPO) and SQL Server
- Deploy patches and software applications using InTune / WSUS
- Knowledge of administering and supporting Azure AD, Azure IaaS/PaaS
- Management of backup/recovery solutions (e.g. Veeam, Arcserve)
- Experience with operating system hardening, vulnerability assessments, security audits, penetration testing, intrusion prevention systems and other security control systems for example PAM, SIEM, IDR etc.
- Experience with endpoint security, content filtering, vulnerability scanning and anti-malware
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g., PowerShell)
- MS InTune device management (mobile and Windows 10 OS)
- Demonstrable knowledge of common vulnerabilities and exploitation techniques would be beneficial
- Familiarity with Cyber Essentials/Plus or ISO 27001 and ITIL best practice – Incident, Problem and Change management would be beneficial
- Communicate effectively and share thoughts and ideas through methods appropriate to the audience.
- Adapt and respond effectively when embracing new opportunities, change and in navigating uncertainty.
- Actively contribute as part of a team and work towards achieving team goals and outcomes.
- Take responsibility and demonstrate accountability in completing tasks and achieving objectives, actively seeking to resolve problems and identify opportunities.
- Committed to customer service and placing customer satisfaction at the heart of our success to ensure we deliver against our shared goals.
- Can work collaboratively within an evolving industry, gaining stakeholder confidence through understanding their goals and motivations and demonstrating credibility as an expert.
- Make timely, informed decisions taking account of the benefits and constraints involved.
Job Reference: JO-2311-339245
Salary per: annum
Job Start Date: 18/12/2023
Job Industries: Cloud Infrastructure & EUC
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Permanent
Job Skills: Azure, Infrastructure, Servers, Windows