ServiceNow CMBD & ITOM Architect – Banking Client – Brussels
Duration: 1 year
The Service Asset & Configuration Management team was created to ensure that our IT teams can work with reliable data about our IT assets. That data is stored in the configuration management database (CMDB) in ServiceNow and our team manages processes and delivers tools to support that mission.
As the ServiceNow CMBD & ITOM Architect , with overall accountability for ServiceNow Discovery and CMDB operations, you are responsible for communicating and collaboration with internal stakeholders to align ITOM strategics and business outcomes.
You lead ITOM initiatives such as Service Mapping oriented towards Event management, Strategic Portfolio Management, and Governance Risk & Compliance. In this position, you ensure high-quality CMDB management and promoting its significance within the organization and spearhead the integration of CMDB with ITSM, Asset Management, and Major Incident Management.
In your role you will have these responsibilities:
- Update and maintain CMDBs, Asset Management Databases and other asset/configuration management repositories in a complex IT environment
- Design and implementation of solution for maintaining CI data integrity across the CI lifecycle with due consideration to the ITSM process like Incident, Problem and Change.
- Build solutions around data certifications for maintaining CI sanity
- Identify and track CIs, implementing change control and account for discovered/manual CIs
- Manage CMDB health to support Assets and Configuration and CI relationships
- Work with process owners to understand the process requirements related to the capture of configuration data and develop technical specifications and solutions
- Work closely with various stakeholders to provide guidance in the management of CI’s and the relationships between them
- Collaborate with Infrastructure Architects to understand IT technology strategy that guide which requirements need to be gathered
- Work with Application Owners and stakeholders to perform gap analysis and provide solution.
The required skills:
- 6 years of proven experience ServiceNow ITOM, specifically in Discovery and CMDB
- Extensive knowledge in configuring and managing ServiceNow Discovery processes in cloud and infrastructure settings
- A proven history of maintaining a robust CMDB aligned with industry best practices
- Relevant certifications in ServiceNow system administration, ITOM, and CMDB management
- Experience in implementing ServiceNow Service Mapping and other ITOM features
- A deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and hands-on experience with various project methodologies
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, PowerBI
- A bachelor degree in IT, Computer Science, or equivalent experience in ServiceNow ITOM and CMDB
- Knowledge of ITIL is an asset
Nice to have skills:
- manage virtual resources and relationships with various divisions, entities and service partners.
- excellent communication skills (listening, writing, and presenting) at all levels, from staff members to senior management level.
- very good organizational skills (ability to manage several projects in parallel)
- deal with conflicting priorities
- flexibility to manage changes
- establish and maintain trust
- drive workshops with all stakeholders (leadership skill)
Job Reference: JO-2312-340009
Salary: €700 - €900 per day
Salary per: zero
Job Duration: ASAP
Job Start Date: 31/01/2024
Job Industries: Cloud Infrastructure & EUC, Software Engineering
Job Locations: Europe
Job Types: Contract