Global Operation Risk Manager – Finance – Nottingham/London
Day rate: £425 – £525 (inside IR35)
Duration: 6 months
Hybrid: 1 – 2 days per months in Nottingham or London
The purpose of this role is to support the maintenance and delivery of operational risk frameworks, processes and reporting (as an integrated component of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework).
The role holder will also need to act as the point of contact for their aligned Regions, Markets and business areas to provide support, advice and challenge around their risk and control environment. This role reports directly into the Global Head of Operational Risk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake operational risk business partnering arrangements with business units and Markets, cultivating effective relationships and networks and ensuring rapid escalation of concerns/issues across the business.
- Support the RCSA processes, ensuring accurate, complete, timely and meaningful reporting to the relevant risk management committees.
- Execution of targeted quality assurance on all Risk Management Framework data including issues management and risk acceptance.
- To support the Senior Risk Team in delivering broader Risk function objectives and other risk maturity activities
- Lead on the requirements for risk system tooling changes and collaborate with the Centre of Excellence in defining and implementing these changes – including socialising the changes to global functions.
- Support operational risk issue management, loss events and risk acceptance processes and reporting activities.
- Support the internal operational risk loss reporting process, ensuring that actual losses / near misses are reported accurately and timely.
- Provide technical assistance to the business in relation to the Archer GRC risk system, the risk framework and support the implementation of associated system processes / initiatives.
- Delivering enterprise and operational risk training and awareness material to key stakeholders.
- To maintain full awareness of and conformance to the Risk Management Framework
Educated to degree level in a relevant subject, or working towards an equivalent professional qualification
- 2+ years’ experience of operational risk in a second line of defence capacity
- Experience of changing and building and/or operating industry good practice Risk Management Frameworks
- Ability to interface with senior stakeholders effectively to establish relationships and become a trusted advisor.
- Ability to produce Executive level risk reports
- An ability to apply technical knowledge in a practical and balanced manner
- Able to challenge constructively and professionally
Job Reference: JO-2310-338509
Salary: £425 - £525 per day
Salary per: zero
Job Duration: 6 months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract