Technical Lead – Outside IR35 – Fully Remote – £600-£650/day – 6 Month Contract
I am currently supporting a key client looking for a Tech Lead to join the team on a contract basis.
Edtech experience: proven experience in software development and architecture, with a track record of delivering high-quality, scalable software applications highly desirable.
Tech Lead Accountabilities:
- Providing strategic, architectural, and programming advice to the team
- Hands-on and pairing with developers, where necessary. The client is working lean and in start-up mode, so they need people willing to get their hands dirty, with a strong focus on value and priorities
- Leading the technical team, ensuring they are working collaboratively to achieve project goals and deliver quality work – we expect considerable experience amongst all team members, so we would expect to see servant leadership.
- Defining the technical architecture, making relevant technical choices, and selecting third-party suppliers and partners
- Ensuring the application meets high performance and scalability standards
- Collaborating with other teams, such as product management, experience design, and teaching and learning experts, to ensure the application meets user needs
- Continuously improving the application through innovation, experimentation, and iteration
- Staying up to date with new developments in natural language processing, machine learning, and language assessment
- A highly skilled hands-on technical lead with expertise in machine learning, natural language processing, and dialogue engines. While years of experience are not the main criteria, the candidate must demonstrate a strong proficiency and in-depth understanding of software development at an advanced level in these domains.
- We are looking for someone who is equally comfortable prototyping and operationalising software and understands the various demands an organisation will have towards its software over time.
- A diverse thinker. The technology we’re exploring, evaluating and applying is nascent – there are no established patterns or frameworks so creativity in thought is a must.
- A strong leader with a background in guiding and overseeing technical teams within a dynamic, agile development setting. We value strong professional opinions paired with humility and a desire for continuous learning.
- Proficient in software architecture and adhering to development best practices.
- Excellent communication skills, fostering collaboration among cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity and a working knowledge of cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform. Azure is of particular interest to us.
- Experience with relevant programming languages and tools, such as Python, TensorFlow, and R, and comfortable across the big cloud providers
- A passion for creating cutting-edge software solutions that facilitate learning and personal growth – we invite you to seize this thrilling opportunity.
- Edtech experience: proven experience in software development and architecture, with a track record of delivering high-quality, scalable software applications
- New product development and innovation experience: a desire to continuously improve the application through experimentation and iteration
- Experience with big data technologies. E.g. Hadoop, Spark or Kafka
- Commercial acumen: Being able to make technical decisions in light of business and user value, commercial objectives and strategies.
- Strong leadership skills, able to inspire and motivate the team to achieve their best work
- Communication and presentation skills: The ability to explain complex machine learning and other technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and present results in a clear and compelling manner is valuable for driving project buy-in and adoption.
- A strong sense of ownership and accountability for the success of the project
- A willingness to work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team environment
- A commitment to staying up to date with new developments in the field and continuously improving your own skills and knowledge.
If this role is of interest, please apply below.
Job Reference: JO-2304-333510
Salary per: annum
Job Duration: 6 Months
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Industries: Senior Appointments
Job Locations: Greater London
Job Types: Contract